3 – 4 mm Epoxy Decorative Screed
Topcoat Quartz flooring system is a multi-coloured Quartz Epoxy screed for use in areas requiring a hygienic, slip-resistant, easy-clean, seamless floor finish. The system can be trowelled or cast applied to create different floor finishes. Topcoat Quartz is solvent-free, odourless and non–toxic when cured.
Topcoat Quartz system consists of six steps:
- The concrete subfloor is prepared by dust-free shot blasting or diamond grinding.
- Epoxy high penetration Primer 2000 is applied.
- Scratch coat is applied using Primer 2000 and Quartz aggregate.
- Topcoat 2000 self-levelling screed is applied.
- The surface is blinded with coloured Quartz aggregate.
- 1 – 2 sealer coats are applied.
Kitchens, Food Processing areas, Showrooms, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Factories, etc.
Curragh Military Barracks Kitchen, Solas Training Centre Tralee And Cork, E.I. Electrical Components Factory Shannon
Concrete or substrate should be a minimum of 25N/mm2, free from laitance, dust, and other contamination. The substrate should be dry to 75% RH as per BS 8204 and free from rising damp and groundwater pressure. If no damp proof membrane is present D-Proof DPM can be used.
Conforms to British Slip Resistance Standard No. BS EN 13036-4 under both wet and dry conditions.